I am writing this post for you all from Heidelberg, Germany, 35 days in to our wonderful travels. The number of stories and photos I have to share is incredible so for now I will just give you a brief list of some of the amazing things we have already seen and done.
1. We spent a fantastic week in London and barely scratched the surface of things we wanted to do.
2. While in London, we met two of our favourite actors, David Tennant and Catherine Tate, and had our photos taken with them!!
3. I pretended I was in a Jane Austen novel in Bath, and even drank the nasty spa water.
4. Although boating on Loch Ness didn’t bring any Nessie sightings, we did take in the peace and tranquility of all that water.
5. After years of seeing photos and videos sent by our friends in the Lake District, we finally made it there and even climbed a small hill: Rannerdale Knots.
6. We rode on the Eurostar Chunnel train and barely even noticed the time we were underwater.
7. Sat in front of the Sacre-Coeur looking out over Paris while eating a fresh baguette and camembert cheese for lunch.
8. We dined on fabulous French food in a restaurant in Lyon.
9. We biked through some beautiful parks on a wonderful sunny Sunday in Strasbourg.
10. Perhaps we have already consumed more ice-creams than is decent, including my all-time favourite here in Heidelberg.
So far we have taken two buses, eleven trains (not including changes for the same trip) and stayed in thirteen different accommodations, including the very memorable Inglis International Hotel just outside the Lakes. I have updated the map (the link to which you’ll find on the right-hand side of the page) with our full itinerary so far.
With one month already gone the time is passing far too quickly but we are squeezing in as much as we can. Hopefully I’ll be able to tease you all with some of my photos soon!